Phosphoric Acid is a colorless, odorless phosphorus-containing inorganic acid. It has a role as a solvent, a human metabolite, an algal metabolite and a fertilizer. It is miscible with water, ethanol and mixture of ether: alcohol (3:1).
|Appearance||Transparent Colorless Fluid|
|Actual Active Ingredient (H3PO4)||85.10 %|
|Chloride ( as Cal)||0.0003 %|
|Sulphate (as SO4)||0.003 %|
|Heavy Metal (as Pub)||N.D|
|Arsenic ( as As)||N.D|
|Iron (as Fe)||0.0003 %|
|Acetic Acid ( CH3COOH)||1.94 %|
· Phosphoric acid is used mainly in fertilizers.
· It is used as an external standard for phosphorus-31 Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
· It is used as an electrolyte in phosphoric acid fuel cells and as a catalyst in the hydration of alkenes to produce alcohols, predominantly ethanol.
· It finds application as a buffer agent in biology and chemistry; as a solution for anodizing and as a cleaner by construction trades to remove mineral deposits, cementations smears and hard water stains.
· It is also used as a pH adjuster in cosmetics and skin-care products and a dispersing agent in detergents and leather treatment.
· It plays an important role in the preparation of albumin derivatives.
· It is an important starting material used in the preparation of disodium hydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate, calcium hydrogen phosphate and monohydrate phosphate.
· It is widely used to remove rust in steel tools or surfaces by converting the rusted ion in to water soluble phosphate compound.