Butyl acetate (also known as n-butyl acetate) is a chemical compound with a molecular formula of C6H12O2. Butyl acetate is the acetate ester of butanol. Butyl acetate appears as a clear colorless liquid with a fruity odor. It is highly miscible with all common organic solvents (alcohols, ketones, glycols, esters) but has only slight miscibility in water.
|Butyl Acetate||99.8 wt.%|
|Acidity as Acetic Acid||0.001 wt.%|
|Water by KF||0.007 wt.%|
· The most common use of normal butyl acetate is as a solvent in the production of lacquers and paints.
· Its other major use is in the creation of adhesives and hardened coatings.
· Normal butyl acetate is also used in the pharmaceutical industry as a solvent or an extraction agent.
· Its minor uses include cosmetic products, fragrance solvent in perfumes, as an anti-corrosive agent, in cleaning and car care products.
· It is also used in the synthetic fruit flouring industry.
· The main user end markets are the paints/lacquers, coatings, cosmetics, leather, cleaning and the pharmaceutical industries.