Butyl Cello solve Acetate has the chemical formula C8H16O3, and is a clear, colourless liquid. It has a mild and pleasant ester dour and is only sparingly soluble in water but is miscible with many common organic solvents, for example, alcohols, ketones, aldehydes, ethers, glycols, and glycol ethers. It is this solvent power, combined with its’ low volatility, that sees Butyl Glycol Acetate employed in many branches of industry
|Butyl Cello solve Solvent||99.8 wt.%|
· The main use for Butyl Acetate is in the coatings industry where it improves the gloss and flow of coatings that are baked at temperatures of 150-200 co.
· It also improves the brush ability and flow of cellulose nitrate and cellulose ether lacquers, and of paints formulated from chlorinated binders.
· Butyl Cello solve Acetate is also a good solvent for urethane finishes and is a film coalescing aid for polyvinyl latex acetate.
· Butyl Cello solve Acetate also has applications in the printing industry where it is a component of flexographic, gravure, and screen-printing inks. This is because of the slow evaporation rate of Butyl Cello solve Acetate which makes it ideal for use in these specialty printing inks.
· It is also found in in ball pen pastes, and in dyes that are employed in furniture polishes and wood stains, and in dyes used to print and color textiles.
· Butyl Cello solve Acetate is also employed in the cleaning industry where it is a component in some ink and spot removal formulations.