RC ODC Series is a water-soluble formulation of Hexahydro-1,3,5-tris(hydroxyethyl)-s-triazine based products to selectively scavenge H2S fast, effectively and irreversibly.
Technical name: Hexahydro-1,3,5-tris(hydroxyethyl)-s-triazine
It gives an instantaneous reaction with H2S and the by-products are water-soluble and are removed with the water in the system. RC ODC Series products are designed to control H2S with bubble tower applications and/or continuous injections into the wellhead, infield or other transmission lines.
Hydrogen Sulfide is a serious and potentially lethal hazard in both upstream and downstream oil and gas industry. H2S is a highly corrosive gas, reacts with steel in wells and pipelines and can cause stress corrosion cracking, pitting and deposition of iron-Sulfide scales.
In Reservoirs, H2S can be generated by-
· Bacterial sulphate reduction by indigenous sulphate - reducing bacteria (SRBs)
· Thermal Cracking
· Thermochemical sulphate reduction
The application of hydrogen Sulfide scavengers is a widely adopted practice in production and processing operations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
RC ODC Series products help to remove H2S problem in an economic way.
|Product||Form||Color||Active Content (%)||Specific Gravity @ 30 oC||pH (Neat)||Solubility in water|
|RC ODC 245||Liquid||Colorless to Pale yellow||45 min.||0.90 - 1.10||10 - 12||Soluble|
|RC ODC 255||Liquid||Colorless to Pale yellow||55 min.||1.00-1.105||10 - 12||Soluble|
|RC ODC 260||Liquid||Colorless to Pale yellow||60 min.||1.10-1.3||10 - 12||Soluble|
|RC ODC 277||Liquid||Colorless to Pale yellow||77 min.||1.13-1.17||10 - 12||Soluble|
· Non - Zinc based H2S Scavengers. Do not form precipitate.
· Feature an instantaneous reaction with hydrogen sulfide and very effective even at low dosage rates.
· Chemically tie up with the H2S in an irreversible reaction preventing the release, even if pH drops.
· Reduce corrosion problems.
· No negative Impact on downstream operations.
· Improve water quality and reduces line plugging tendencies by preventing iron sulfide generation.
The rates of product treatment design depend upon the concentrations of the RC ODC Series products in the system and the volume of produced fluid or gas to be cleaned. When using in a bubble tower application the product should be mixed with fresh water appropriately. When using in continuous injection, the product may be used neat when high concentrations of hydrogen sulfides are present. For low concentrations, the product may be used in dilution with fresh water. On-site laboratory tests are recommended to identify the exact treatment design.
MS Drums/ IB/ISO or as per customer’s requirement.