Mono ethylene glycol (MEG) is an organic compound with formula C2H6O2. It is colorless liquid with low volatility. The product is extremely hygroscopic. MEG is miscible with water, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones and esters. It is odorless, but has a sweet taste
|Specific Gravity at 20/20°C||1.1154|
|Ethylene Glycol||0.005 wt.%|
|Water Content||0.016 wt.%|
|UV Transmittance at 220nm||88.1 %|
|UV Transmittance at 275nm||98.6 %|
|UV Transmittance at 350nm||100.0 %|
|Acidity as acetic acid||8 mg/kg|
|Aldehyde as CH3CHO||3.1 mg/kg|
|Iron as Fe||0.05 mg/kg|
|Chloride as Cal||0.1 mg/kg|
|Ash Content||4 mg/kg|
· Mono ethylene glycol is used to make antifreeze and de-icing solutions for cars, airplanes, and boats.
· It is also used in hydraulic brake fluids and inks used in stamp pads, ballpoint pens, and print shops.
· In adhesives, it is used as a component of articles intended for use in packaging, transporting, or holding food
· In the manufacture of resinous and polymeric coatings for food-contact surface of articles and in the manufacture of resinous and polymeric coatings for polyolefin films.
· It also has uses as a defaming agent in the manufacture of paper and paperboard intended for use in packaging, transporting, or holding food.